For at least 10 years I have been emailing daily Christmas stories to family and friends. This has become a much cherished tradition for me. It has truly helped bring the true spirit of Christmas into my life each year. I hope you enjoy the stories with me!
Merry Christmas!!
Love always,
Tricia

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 1 - Only 24 more days till Christmas!!

Dear Friends and Family,

It’s that wonderful time of year again! I love Christmas time! I love how Thanksgiving precedes Christmas and helps put us in the frame of mind to get ready for Christmas! Once again I will be sending out my Christmas stories. If you don’t wish to receive them, please just let me know. This first story kind of hit me this morning. I’ve been really thinking about my personal goals for the Christmas season and I think this story sums it up for me. I hope that I can always remember to do as He would do. May this month be filled with happiness and love for all of us as we celebrate Christmas and may the True spirit of Christmas be felt in your homes and in your hearts all year long!

Love always,

Tricia

“There was a little crippled boy who ran a small newsstand in a crowded railroad station. He must have been about twelve years old. Every day he would sell papers, candy, gum, and magazines to the thousands of commuters passing through the terminal.

“One night two men were rushing through the crowded station to catch a train. One was fifteen or twenty yards in front of the other. It was Christmas eve. Their train was scheduled to depart in a matter of minutes.

“The first man turned a corner and in his haste to get home to a Christmas cocktail party plowed right into the little crippled boy. He knocked him off his stool, and candy, newspapers, and gum were scattered everywhere. Without so much as stopping, he cursed the little fellow for being there and rushed on to catch the train that would take him to celebrate Christmas in the way he had chosen for himself.

“It was only a matter of seconds before the second commuter arrived on the scene. He stopped, knelt, and gently picked up the boy. After making sure the child was unhurt, the man gathered up the scattered newspapers, sweets, and magazines. Then he took his wallet and gave the boy a five dollar bill. ‘Son,’ he said, ‘I think this will take care of what was lost or soiled. Merry Christmas!’

“Without waiting for a reply the commuter now picked up his briefcase and started to hurry away. As he did, the little crippled boy cupped his hands together and called out, ‘Mister, Mister!’

“The man stopped as the boy asked, ‘Are you Jesus Christ?’

“By the look on his face, it was obvious the commuter was embarrassed by the question. But he smiled and said, ‘No, son. I am not Jesus Christ, but I am trying hard to do what He would do if He were here.’ ” (American Opinion, December 1971, pp. 13–14.)

And that, my friend, is what it means to be a Christian, even on Christmas eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment